On a high ground, about 250 meter south of Chand Bavadi is the isolated tower known as the 'Upari Buruj' (lofty tower). A Persian Inscription near the top states that it was built about A.D. 1584. The tower is round and about 25 meter high and is climbed by a flight of stone steps winding round outside. Whether it was ever useful in defense is unknown, but it was furnished with all the necessary war materials, guns, powder chambers and water cisterns. The two guns are curious as they are of great length with bore of somewhat small caliber.